Monday, April 26, 2010

Just another manic Monday...

To the blogging world and my one follower, I apologize for the absence and lack of posts. There is no excuse. Well there is one..... and yup you guessed it, it's work. I tend to have a problem saying a simple little word, "no." So I decided to sign up for an "extra hours program." Said program consists of working an extra 8 hour shift a week and getting an extra $750 bonus at the end. However there are a few stipulations that sort of went undisclosed when saying yes to this "program." Numero Uno: You do not get to pick the shift you work, they put you where they need you. Which translates to having to turn your sleep cycle around in 24 hrs. No horrible, however not pleasant. Number 2: the $750 bonus really translates into around 400 bucks because it is taxed. Lame people. Lame. Number 3: I did know this before hand but still I count it as a stipulation you cannot call in sick. Of course what happens to me I get sick Which translates into every single doctor you see during the say saying one if not all of these statements to you:

"Wow, you don't look so hot today?"
"Are you sick?"
"It's like your the outbreak monkey."
"Are you wearing a mask because you having swine flu?"
"Man, you really look like crap today"
"You should really go see your primary care doctor?"

My responses to those statements included:

"Yup, your right."
"Yes."
"Thanks. I really appreciate that, Dr......." I cannot say to many bad things about this person because they later wrote me for antibiotics.
"No I do not have the swine flu."
"Yes, thanks for that."
"My primary care doctor is three hours away, and I have to work tomorrow.


However about a week later I am all healthy. And the extra hours program is OVER!!!!! Praise Jesus!!!!! And let me tell several aspects of my life are in a joyous chorus. My sleep wake cycle is starting to forgive me a little and starting to let me sleep during the night time. My apartment is starting to look like an apartment and not like a tornado went off.

So here in writing I am saying so that the blogging world and myself can read " I am never, ever, ever, under any circumstances going to say yes to the extra hours program again." Reasons include my sanity!!! That pretty much sums it up. Sanity is of much greater importance that money.

p.s. I apologize for the cliche title of the blog post but I could not think of anything better. I promise to post soon regarding my vacation to Durham. ( I miss you Durham, your a great place.) My running and much much more of my crazy life as a nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment